Monday, February 7, 2011

THANKS be to GOD! 2 Corinthians 9




Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness. 11 You will be enriched in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.12 For the ministry of this service is not only supplying the needs of the saints but is also overflowing in many thanksgivings to God. 2 Corinthians 9:10, 11, 12



Hey everybody!

God has been blessing my life with some amazing new opportunities and I am excited to share some of these with all of you. I hope that He has been doing the same in your lives as well! He is doing some absolutely wonderful things in Tejutla. I have been here for several weeks already and I have been so blessed by the people around me,especially the children. They are so cute! And they love learning English.
The English classes started last week and it has been a blast!
Many ofthe students have family members living in the United States and really want to improve their English skills so that they can practice with their families, so I hope I can help them to realize that goal.
I have been staying with Pastor Gomez and his family in Tejutla. I love staying here because they make me feel so welcome. They have agreat heart for God and I am so impressed by their ministry and everything they do to serve the community. I believe that staying here with them and seeing everything they do is helping me to understand more completely God's love and His purpose for my life. I am convinced, as I have been for some time, that serving God is the desire of my heart, and I am so ready to learn more about His perfect love so that I can serve Him better.
God bless you and thank you for all your prayers and support!

3 comments:

  1. So excited for all God has in store for you. Are the children from needy families? How many are in your class? Can you share about Jesus in your classroom? What types of ministries does the Pastor have? In what specific ways are you learning about God? Is it an easy transition for you? Are you having any struggles? What specifically can we pray for you? Love and Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marlene!!!! I am so excited to read this...to hear how you are doing...and to hear how God is revealing himself to you in so many ways! I have no doubt He is going to use you, and I can't wait to continue to hear how! But it really does my heart so much good to hear that you are learning more about what he has for you in the midst of all of this too!

    We LOVE and MISS you!!! Love, Matt and Julie (and the whole clan!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey!! Love that the kids are enjoying the classes!!! praying!!

    ReplyDelete